Special Needs Trust
A Special Needs Trust Simplifies Financial Care for Loved Ones.
Family members often carry the responsibility of managing the personal and daily living needs of their loved ones. We provide financial expertise for asset management, as well as the responsibility of handling the day-to-day transactions, freeing you from financial decisions that can become a source of family stress and conflict. Along the way, we provide regular statements of transactions.
As a corporate trustee, First International has developed a strong team of specialists in the administration of special needs trusts. They bring years of experience in economic analysis, asset allocation, modern portfolio theory, and financial planning to our trust beneficiaries and to our administrative team. Rely on our team for any of the following special needs trust responsibilities:
- Coordinating appropriate benefits – filing applications and preparing supporting documentation
- Filing annual financial reports as required by the courts and benefit providers
- Preparing annual budget for approval
- Paying bills for approved services and expenses
- Evaluating insurance – maintaining or accessing appropriate coverage
- Facilitating professional services – legal, tax preparation
- Working closely with the guardian and caregivers, balancing physical needs with financial needs
- Establishing care for for the physical and personal needs of an individual and/or the family under various circumstances
- Estate planning to set aside assets to care for families members with special needs, including personal injury or accident, malpractice or liability
Find a Special Needs Trust Expert ›
Each trust and each beneficiary is unique, and our experienced professionals can develop a financial strategy to best suit and balance your needs.