Welcome to First International Bank & Trust
FIBT Commitment to Your Privacy
- Acceptable Use of FIBT Website and Mobile Apps
- What kind of information does FIBT collect and when?
- What are the Online Banking Terms & Conditions?
- Who do I contact with questions on the Privacy Notice?
Acceptable Conditions of Use
This Privacy Notice is incorporated into and is subject to the FIBT Conditions of Use of www.fibt.com and our mobile apps. As a condition of your use of FIBT.com and our mobile apps, you warrant that you will not use the site or apps for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions and notices. You may not use the FIBT.com site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the FIBT.com site or interfere with any other party’s use of the site. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice or the Conditions of Use of www.fibt.com, please do not provide us with any information and do not use this site.
This site is designed for your personal use
FIBT.com is for your personal use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information obtained from www.fibt.com. FIBT automatically collects certain technical information about each visitor, including: your IP address, type of device used, type of browser used, screen resolution, the URL you visited prior to arriving at www.fibt.com and your devices operating system. Your IP address tells us both your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the general geographic location from which you are connecting. We may also use your IP address to track the date and time you accessed our site and what page(s) you visited. This information is used internally by FIBT to customize the end user web experience, including proper formatting of our web pages.
To enhance your FIBT.com experience, we use ‘cookies’ or pixel tags to customize your visit to our site. Cookies are simple text files stored in your web browser on the device used to access FIBT.com. Cookies do not contain personal information and do not compromise your privacy or security, but rather create a random, simple tag that distinguishes different visitors to FIBT.com. Your device’s software and hardware used to access our site allow you to refuse or delete the cookie file at any time. Doing so, however, may limit your ability to take advantage of some features on our site. We do not currently respond to "do not track" signals, as we are trying to provide a personalized experience.
- Strictly necessary cookies – These ‘essential’ cookies are needed for you to browse our site, use it’s features and securely sign in.
- Preference cookies – These ‘functional’ cookies allow our site to customize your experience and remember your preferences like language, country or region and text sizes.
- Statistics cookies – These ‘performance’ cookies collect information about how you use our site, like which pages are most popular and which parts we can improve for you.
- Marketing cookies – These cookies are used to deliver content we think you’d like, including customized offers on new products and features or limit how many times you see this content.
We understand that you may want to know more about cookies. Here are some useful resources that provide detailed information about types of cookies, how they are used, and how you can manage your cookie preferences: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additional Online Banking Terms & Conditions Information
In addition to the terms above, further definition of Online Banking Terms & Conditions, as well as offered services are available for download.
- What Types of Personal Information We May Collect. We may collect personal information from you including: name, postal address, zip code, email, telephone number, debit and/or credit account numbers, card expiry date, and card verification number for the payment cards you are registering for the Service, Social Security Number, and other information we can use to contact you, manage risks and verify your identity through information maintained about you by identity verification services and consumer reporting agencies, including credit bureaus, and payment/transaction information, history for payments and other transactions in which you participate through the Service, as well as any Personal Information you may enter into information blocks in the Application interface or on the Site.
The CardApp periodically collects, transmits and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if you expressly authorize collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the CardApp is being used or not at all – depending on your selection. At any time, you may change your location permission in the device settings of the CardApp.
How We May Collect Personal Information About You.
We may collect Personal Information about you from the following:
- Information you input into the CardApp or that the CardApp collects automatically after enrollment.
- Your use of the CardApp and Service, your interactions with FIBT’s staff and information provided electronically, orally and transmitted by your computer, cell phones and other devices used to connect to the CardApp or Service.
- From affiliates or other companies that are used for fraud detection.
You have the ability to decide when your Personal Information is used.
- We will provide a notification seeking your consent to use information provided for purposes other than that of original intent. If you decline to submit personal information to any of our Services, we may not be able to provide those services to you.
- In compliance with our Privacy Notice, we may share your information in the following limited circumstances:
- Your consent is given
- When reasonably necessary such as (a) satisfying enforceable government request, (b) upholding Terms of Service, or (c) areas pertaining to fraud or security.
How We May Use Personal Information About You.
We use Personal Information about you only as permitted by law, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- Complete transactions and render services authorized by you.
- Everyday business purposes, such as to maintain your ability to access the Service and receive updates regarding the Service, including preventing actual or potential fraud and unauthorized transactions, to verify your identity, determine your credit history to verify information you provide to the Service, to perform collections and report to credit bureaus, as well as to comply with laws, regulations, court orders and lawful instructions from government agencies.
- To customize, measure and improve the Service and the App, including pattern recognition, modeling, enhancement and improvement, system analysis and Service performance analysis.
- For marketing purposes – to offer FIBT products and services to you, although you may opt-out of receiving commercial email marketing messages from us by following the opt-out processes described in those messages.
- If We are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or portion of its assets that result in a change of the majority ownership of the App, the Service or the entity that owns them, you will be notified of this via email and/or a prominent notice on the App, as well as any material change in uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding Personal Information about you.
How We Protect Personal Information About You.
To protect Personal Information about you from unauthorized access and use, we maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards, including but not limited to security measures that comply with applicable federal and state laws. When you enter sensitive information such as a debit or credit card number into the CardApp, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
First International Bank & Trust
P.O. Box 607
Watford City, ND 58854
Or by phone: (800) 359-8092
Monday – Friday | 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM (CT)
Saturday | 9:00 AM – 1:00 PM (CT)