This year is expected to be one of the highest online shopping years ever. With the ease of being able to shop at home on your couch, consumers are realizing there is no need to face busy crowds and wait in long lines when you can order virtually every gift online.
With this in mind, here is what you need to be cautious of:
- Click Here Emails: Be careful with emails that state you are being given a holiday
gift or free gift from a popular merchant – similar to the one on the right. Beware of the ‘Click Here' catch.
- Amazon Email Scam: Be cautious of emails you receive from Amazon that say your account is about to expire and your account will be de-activated if you don’t follow the provided steps.
- Bargain Shopper: If you are a bargain shopper, make sure to check online for reviews on Google or the Better Business Bureau. Type in the seller’s name/business with “scam” and see if it checks out.
- Gift Cards: If you are purchasing gift cards for that hard to buy person, make sure to check the back of the card to verify that the area with the protective scratch-off hasn’t been tampered with.
- Charity Giving: The holidays bring out the warm side of people and the desire to spread holiday cheer. If you decide to donate to a charity, make sure it’s one that you are familiar with. Research before donating.
When shopping online, you can follow these steps:
- Only provide card or account details on secure websites when checking out. Look for the padlock symbol.
- Use PayPal to check out, if possible.
- Always keep your device’s security software up-to-date.
- Check account statements and report any suspicious transactions immediately.
Happy holidays and safe shopping!
Now Available: Apple Pay for First International Bank & Trust Debit and Credit Cards
Welcome to a New Way to Pay!
We are excited to announce that we are now offering Apple Pay® with your First International Bank & Trust debit or credit card. Use Apple Pay to change the way you pay! It’s easy, secure, private and works at thousands of stores and participating apps. To see a complete list of Apple Pay merchants, click here.
Apple Pay allows you to make payments for goods or services directly from your mobile device, without having to provide card information at each transaction. Once you add and verify your FIB&T debit or credit card information on your device, you will be ready to make secure payments with Apple Pay.
Why Use Apple Pay?
Ever find yourself digging through your purse for your wallet? Have you gotten to the checkout line and realized you've forgotten your credit card at home? Let Apple Pay relieve those frustrations by paying in-store using just your phone! It’s easy, confidential, safe and reliable.
- Simpler Payments | Hold your phone near an NFC reader and approve with your fingerprint or passcode.
- Greater Privacy | Apple will not track your transactions and store that data.
- Safe & Secure | Transactions are made without using card details, which reduces the chance of fraud. With Apple Pay, the device account number, along with a transaction specific dynamic security code is used to process the payment.
- Better Experience | Apple is known for their exceptional user experiences, and Apple Pay doesn’t disappoint.
Pay with a Single Touch.
Rest easy. Apple Pay transactions are authorized with TouchID® thumbprint security or your passcode, and transactions never use your card number.
It’s a snap to get started
- Make sure your iPhone, iPad Air or iPad mini is running the latest version of iOS.
- Add your First International Bank & Trust debit or credit card to Apple Pay by opening Passbook® on your mobile device.
- Using iSight® camera, capture an image of your First International Bank & Trust
card or type your information in manually.
- You will be prompted to call First International Bank & Trust to verify your
card with Apple Pay.
- You're ready to go! Use it within apps or hold your device near a contactless
reader with your finger TouchID.
Look for these icons at checkout:
Looking for more information?
For more information on Apple Pay, including a list of FAQs, click here.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPad Air and Passbook are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, iPad mini, Apple Watch, iTunes and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
First International Bank & Trust does not charge a fee for the use of Apple Pay or First International Bank & Trust Mobile Banking. If you do not already have a data plan with your wireless service provider, normal data rates will apply.
As of Monday, April 25, customers can now access credit card information here. All customers will have to register for a new account.
Beginning Tuesday, April 26, customers will be able to see their credit card information within online banking
As of Friday, April 22, MyCardStatement.com is no longer accessible. On Monday, April 25, customers will be able to access their credit card account information through the new Credit Card Online Account Manager. Credit card account information will be available through Online Banking on Tuesday, April 26.
If you have questions regarding balances, transactions or payments, please feel free to give us a call.
Customer Service is Available
Weekdays: 7:30 AM – 8:00 PM (CST)
Saturdays: 8:00 AM – 2:00 PM (CST)
We are excited to announce upcoming enhancements to our credit card program! Here at First International Bank & Trust, we are ready to take your card experience to the next level. These enhancements include the issuance of new credit cards, so we want to make sure you're in the know with what’s happening.
New Card, New Features
EMV Chip Technology
Your new credit will have an embedded microprocessor chip that stores and protects your data, which helps to increase security and reduce fraud. The chip will be in addition to the magnetic strip.
24/7 Cardholder Service
Call 1-855-632-9006 for balance inquiries, payment information, transaction history, statement requests or to dispute a charge.
Online Access through your FIB&T Online Banking
Real-time credit card information for transactions, pending activity, payment information, and custom email alerts. You can also sign up for electronic statements. Best of all, if you are currently using FIB&T online banking for your FIB&T deposit accounts or loans, you will now be able to locate your credit card information here as well. Gone are the days of logging into a separate credit card site!
New Rewards Program
Get ready for a more robust rewards program that allows you to redeem points towards shopping, travel, gift cards and more. Find out more below.
What You Need To Know
- Your new card will be mailed on April 11, 2016. Please wait 7-10 business days for delivery.
- New cards will be mailed to all cardholders, regardless of whether they are the primary or secondary cardholder. Your credit card number and your expiration date will change.
- For security reasons, each secondary cardholder will have a new individual card number, CVV number and expiration date.
- If you plan to use your card at any ATM, you will be required to use a PIN. You can select your unique PIN by calling 855-632-9006 and selecting option 7.
- If you have automatic payments made with your current credit card, make sure to contact each vendor with your new updated credit card number to help avoid any interruption in your service.
- As of April 25, 2016 you may be charged a $5.00 replacement fee for a Lost or Damaged chip card.
New Card, New Rewards
Beginning April 25, 2016, you will have a new rewards program. We will be changing from ScoreCardRewards® to a program called UChoose Rewards®. UChoose Rewards® will allow you to redeem points on your credit card purchases to use towards shopping, travel, event tickets, gift cards and more. Important information about the transition of the rewards program to note is:
- ScoreCardRewards® will no longer be earned after March 31, 2016.
- You may start earning points with your new credit card starting April 1, 2016.
- You may redeem your existing ScoreCardRewards® points up to May 31, 2016.
- Any remaining points in the ScoreCardRewards® program after May 31, 2016 will be transferred to the new UChoose Rewards® Program.
- All points that are transferred from ScoreCardRewards® program to the UChoose Rewards® program will be shown on your UChoose Rewards® account by May 31, 2016.
- To register your card or to monitor and redeem your UChoose Rewards® points, visit www.uchooserewards.com.
Key Dates To Remember
- March 31, 2016: Last day to earn Scorecard® points
- April 1, 2016: Begin earning UChoose Rewards®
- April 11, 2015: New First International Bank & Trust credit card mailed
- April 25, 2016: Old credit card becomes inactive at 5:45 a.m. CST.
- April 25, 2016: Your new card will become activated for use.
- April 25, 2016: New rewards program begins with UChoose Rewards®
Click here for a list of frequently asked questions.
Credit Card Department Manager