ID Theft Prevention for Business
Is your company keeping information secure?
Are you taking steps to protect personal information? Safeguarding sensitive data in your files and on your computers is just plain good business. After all, if that information falls into the wrong hands, it can lead to fraud or identity theft. A sound data security plan is built on five key principles:
- Take stock. Know what personal information you have in your files and on your computers.
- Scale down. Keep only what you need for your business.
- Lock it. Protect the information in your care.
- Pitch it. Properly dispose of what you no longer need.
- Plan ahead. Create a plan to respond to security incidents.
We hope you'll take advantage of the other resources on this site to educate your employees and customers. This information is provided by the Federal Trade Commission, Bureau of Consumer Protection.
If you have questions or concerns about ID Theft For Business, please contact your local branch or call 1-800-359-8092 during normal banking hours. If you prefer, you may also contact us online through our secure contact form.