Committed to Customers and Colleagues Through COVID-19
Supporting Your Financial Health
For 110 years, First International Bank & Trust has stood by its communities and partners. We’ve helped businesses and individuals navigate through and recover from catastrophes, including economic depression and recession, natural disasters, world wars, and other public health emergencies.
FIBT has a vested interest in protecting family and individual savings, and ensuring the long-term viability of businesses of all sizes, farms, and non-profits. Our commitment has not and cannot be shaken or derailed in times of economic or health crisis.
Flexibility to Deal with Uncertainty
Because Your Success is Our Success
If COVID-19 is creating financial insecurity for your family, contact your banker. We understand this situation is causing some workers to lose pay, and otherwise stressing household finances. If you will not be able to make a payment, get in touch with your banker as soon as possible to make arrangements.
COVID-19 Relief Programs for Consumers:
- Consumer Credit Card Payment Relief – We will provide payment relief assistance, including possible skip-a-payment or deferred monthly payments for qualified customers. For those who may need a credit line increase, you may call to request. Please call our Credit Card Customer Service department at 888-848-3428, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST.
- Consumer Loan and Home Equity Loan Payment Deferral Program – If you are facing a hardship due to COVID-19, contact First International Bank & Trust. For borrowers who are current with payments at time of request, a payment deferral may be available for up to three monthly payments, with no credit bureau impact. For assistance or questions, contact your local banker or call a Customer Care representative at 800-359-8092, Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 8:00 pm CST; Saturday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm CST.
- Mortgage Loan Payment Deferral Program – If you are facing a hardship due to COVID-19, contact First International Bank & Trust. For first mortgage borrowers who are current with payments at time of request, a payment deferral may be available for up to three monthly payments, with no credit bureau impact. For assistance or questions, contact your mortgage loan officer or call a Customer Care representative at 800-359-8092, Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 8:00 pm CST; Saturday 8:00 am – 2:00 pm CST.
- Student Loans Respite – US Department of Education (ED) - Federal respite for those paying student loans is also available. All loans owned by the U.S. Department of Education (ED) will have interest waived. That includes Direct Loans, as well as Federal Perkins Loans and Federal Family Education Loan (FFEL) Program loans held by ED. Some borrowers may qualify for a forbearance. Go to the Federal Student Aid Office website for more information.
- Stimulus Check Receiving Account - Need to open an account electronically to receive your stimulus payment? We've created a special checking account with no minimum opening deposit and an easy online application. Chose our Essential Checking Account.
Helping You Get Back to Business
We look forward to becoming a part of the solution for our communities’ small businesses. Our bankers are available to listen and provide guidance. It’s important that you stay in close contact with your banker during these times. New programs are unveiled often and as your trusted financial advisor, we are committed to help you understand your options.
COVID-19 Relief Programs for Small Business Owners:
- Small Business Credit Card Payment Relief – We will provide payment relief assistance, including possible skip-a-payment or deferred monthly payments for customers who contact our Credit Card Customer Service department at 888-848-3428, Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm CST.
- Small Business Loan Payment Relief – If you are facing hardship due to COVID-19, contact your First International Bank & Trust commercial lender. We will work with you to examine options that are available to you based on your unique situation. We have experts on hand who understand the CARES Act as it relates to small business relief programs and the SBA (Small Business Administration). Information specific to the Paycheck Protection Program, including eligibility for forgiveness available here.
Our Commitment: You First
Maintaining the Highest Standards of Service
Our customers are like family to us at First International Bank & Trust, and your health and safety is our priority. The best source for accurate information about COVID-19 is the Centers for Disease Control. Information about spread and prevention can be found on the CDC’s website.
In the interest of keeping our customers and employees healthy, we have made some changes to operations. However, FIBT has worked diligently to ensure continued access to your accounts and your banker, as the country responds to the current health crisis.
- We’ve deployed measures to implement a remote workforce, who can securely support our operations from anywhere.
- Our Customer Care representatives remain available to take your calls and assist you during regular business hours.
- If you can’t make it to a branch, we will help you connect via video or phone. If you have a relationship with a banker, reach out to them, or call our main line to be directed to someone who can help.
As a number of states begin to resume operations as normal, First International Bank & Trust will begin a phased approach to resuming services for walk-in customers. Call your local branch to check availability, or check here for specific updates. All Drive-Up locations and Interactive Teller Machines (ITMs) remain open regular hours. Please, click here, to find the location nearest you.
Additionally, many functions you may generally see your banker for can be done online. Need to deposit a check or transfer funds? Log in to your online account, or download our FIBT Mobile App.
We’ve made it simple and easy, with step by step instructions on how to do everything from paying your bills to reading your eStatement. Tutorials are located in our online education center.
Safe and Sound
Protecting Your Accounts
While uncertainty plagues the markets, you can be confident your deposits are in good hands at First International Bank & Trust. We are an FDIC backed institution. Since 1933, no depositor has ever lost a penny of FDIC-insured funds. The standard deposit insurance amount is $250,000 per depositor, per insured bank, for each account ownership category. The FDIC has published some frequently asked questions.
Beware of Spammers and Scammers
Safeguard Your Information
Unfortunately, fear, misinformation, and even malicious disinformation appear to be spreading almost as fast the virus itself. Bad actors are attempting to capitalize on a bad situation. It’s important to know what to look out for, how to protect yourself, and how to report suspicious content. The following articles from Knowbe4 provide some useful insight.
There are a number of Coronavirus-related scams targeting businesses as well. The Federal Trade Commission is advising businesses to watch out for scams meant to exploit companies’ concerns about COVID-19. In addition to sharing this information with your employees and social networks, read on for how you can report Coronavirus scams to the FTC.
If your First International Bank & Trust account is compromised by a COVID-19 related scam, or any other scam, we are here to help. Document any interaction as soon as possible, alert your local authorities and contact your banker to place a hold on the account, and put the wheels in motion for an investigation by our Fraud Department.
Who is FIBT?
First International Bank & Trust (FIBT) is a full-service, family-owned, independent community bank serving a wide range of communities across North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.