GO Terms & Rates
Please scroll down to read important information about your rates, fees, and other cost information before submitting your application.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING RATES, FEES AND OTHER COST INFORMATION ON THE
FIRST INTERNATIONAL BANK & TRUST GO VISA ACCOUNT
|Interest Rates and Interest Charges|
Annual Percentage Rate (APR) for Purchases
12.49% to 24.49% when you open your account, based on your credit worthiness. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Balance Transfers
2.90% introductory rate for the first 6 months. After that, your APR will be 12.49% to 24.49% based on your credit worthiness. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
APR for Cash Advances
15.49% to 27.49% when you open your account, based on your credit worthiness. After that, your APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.
Your due date is at least 25 days after the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases, and balance transfers if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month. We will begin charging interest on cash advances on the transaction date.
Minimum Interest Charge
If you are charged interest, the charge will be no less than $1.
For Credit Card Tips from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
To learn more about factors to consider when applying for or using a credit card, visit the website of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau at http://www.consumerfinance.gov/learnmore.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of the balance transfer, whichever is greater.
Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each cash advance, whichever is greater.
Up to 1% of each transaction in U.S. dollars.
Up to $35
How We Will Calculate Your Balance: We use a method called “Average Daily Balance (including current transactions)”. Please see the Billing Rights document for more information.
Billing Rights: Information on your rights to dispute transactions and how to exercise those rights is provided in the Billing Rights document.
Other: Additional fees may apply for special services requested by the cardholder.
ADDITIONAL FEES / SERVICES:
- Special Posting Fee: $10.00
- Express Order Fee: $35.00
- Research Fee: $15.00/hour plus $.25/copy
- Replacement Card Fee: $5.00 for each lost or damaged card
Inactive Accounts: Due to the cost of maintaining this account, your account may be closed if inactive for more than 22 months.
As a participant in the consumer reporting system, we furnish information about our experience with you to consumer reporting agencies. These consumer reports allow us to make credit and other opportunities available to you. If you believe that we have furnished information to a consumer reporting agency that is inaccurate, please notify us at the following address and identify the specific information that is inaccurate. The information about the cost of the card described in this supplement was printed on 11/11/2020 and is accurate as of that date. The information is subject to change after that date and you should call us at 1-888-848-3428 or write to us at First International Bank & Trust – 1601 N 12th St, Bismarck, ND 58501 for the current information. MEMBER FDIC
Download a copy of the GO Visa Account Disclosure today.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By submitting this application, you are requesting us to open an Account in your name and to issue Card(s) as you direct. Only qualified individuals 18 or over may apply for an Account. This offer is available to US Residents.
Notice of Negative Information (Pre-Sharing)
Federal law requires us to provide the following notice to customers before any "negative information" may be furnished to a nationwide consumer reporting agency. "Negative Information" means information concerning delinquencies, late payments, insolvency, or any form of default. This notice does not mean that we will be reporting such information about you, only that we may report such information about customers that have not done what they are required to do under our agreement.
We may report information about your account to credit bureaus. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account may be reflected in your credit report.
You authorize us to contact you using any of the telephone numbers listed on this Credit Application or that you subsequently provide us in connection with your credit account - regardless whether the number we use is assigned to a paging service, cellular telephone service, specialize mobile radio service, other radio common carrier service or any other service for which you may be charged for the call. You further authorize us to contact you through the use of voice, text and email and through the use of prerecorded / artificial voice messages or an automatic electronic form.
Visa® Account Updater® Automatic Billing Updater
Visa® Account Updater (VAU) is a free service that helps participating merchants who receive recurring payments from your card have access to current card account information on file. For instance, participating merchants will have access to information about card expiration, or if you report that your card has been lost or stolen. You are entitled to opt out of this service at any time by calling 800-359-8092 or emailing email@example.com. We will need your name and account number in order to process your opt out request. If you opt out, you may opt back in if you decide you want the Visa Account Updater service in the future. You may opt in the same way(s) that you can opt out.
Please call 1-888-848-3428 for a description of the payment obligation for this card required by the Military Lending Act.
You agree and understand that you are electronically signing this application and certify that:
- All of the above information is correct and complete and I/we understand that you will be relying on this information in deciding whether to extend credit to me/us.
- You may check my/our credit and employment history, the above information, or obtain other information from any sources you choose and reverify it from time to time.
- I/we agree that this application shall remain your property, whether or not credit is granted. You may furnish to others information about my/our credit and account experience with you.
- I/we agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of the Customer Agreement and Disclosure Statement, which accompanies the card(s) that you send me/us.
Earn more points in more ways with your First International Bank & Trust Rewards Card. Choose from millions of rewards you truly want. The choice is yours.
- Eligibility is restricted to Participants with an active and open Account with a financial institution participating in the Program, which may include charging or usage privileges.
- Eligibility is restricted to Participants that have an Account statement mailing address within the 50 United States, the District of Columbia, United States territories, or United States military address (such as APO).
- This Program is available to all Accounts designated by Your Financial Institution.
- Your Financial Institution reserves the right to cancel or temporarily suspend the Program at any time without advance notice, which may result in the cancellation of outstanding points. Your Financial Institution has the right to change the Program without advance notice to You.
- Operator and Your Financial Institution each have the right to monitor all Rewards Point Account activity. Operator and Your Financial Institution each reserves the right to cancel any Program membership in the event of fraud, abuse of program privileges, or violation of the Program rules; including any attempt to sell, exchange, or transfer points, or any instrument exchangeable for points. If You have conducted any fraudulent activity, Operator reserves the right to take any necessary legal action and may have grounds to confiscate any rewards redeemed as a result of such activity. In addition, You may be liable for monetary losses to Operator, including litigation costs and damages and you will not be allowed to participate in the Program in the future.
- The terms of this Program are void where prohibited by law.
- We may, at any time and without prior notice, (i) change, limit or terminate any aspect of the Program, or (ii) update, amend or terminate these Terms and Conditions in whole or in part. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and points.
- You will earn points for every qualifying net purchase (purchases less returns) as designated by Your Financial Institution. This may include using your debit card or credit card or by participating in certain other Account activity with Your Financial Institution. Your Financial Institution determines the points earning rate for all transactions and when points begin to accrue. No retroactive points will accrue.
Returns are subject to the return policy of the retailer from which you made your purchase. If you return or cancel an item, points are also reversed from that sale.
Exchanges also make purchases from participating retailers made through www.scorecardrewards.com ineligible for rewards, as when merchandise is exchanged, the merchant cancels the order and replaces it with a new one. Since the new order was not made through the program website points cannot be tracked. Because of this, the retailer will not pass the points to LiveFirst Rewards which means LiveFirst Rewards cannot access the points to put in your account.
To avoid losing your rebate on exchanges, please make sure all returns are final. Once your refund is credited to your card, place the order again through the LiveFirst Rewards website to be sure you receive points on your purchase.
- Transactions from lost, canceled, or stolen credit or debit cards; or fraudulent purchases will not earn points.
- Participants will not earn points if the Account has been closed, whether closed by Participant or Your Financial Institution. Once the Account is closed, points will not be credited and points will be immediately forfeited and cannot be redeemed. Your Financial Institution will determine what constitutes a closed Account.
- The Program is based on net purchases only and does not include cash advances, balance transfers, or wire transfers. It also does not include any fees posted to your Account, including (but not limited to) late fees, over limit fees, and finance charges.
- There is no annual cap to how many points you can earn.
- Your points do not expire.
- Points earned during a calendar month are posted to the Participant's Reward Points Account by the 10th of the following month. Qualifying purchases that have not been cleared or posted to a Participant's Reward Points Account are not eligible for redemption.
- Dollar and cents amounts will be rounded down to the nearest whole dollar amount when calculating points earned.
- Point balances are available for view online.
- Points cannot be transferred from one Rewards Point Account to another Rewards Point Account.
- Points from multiple Accounts may be pooled together at the discretion of Your Financial Institution.
- Points may not be assigned, transferred and/or pledged to any third party. Participant has no property rights or other legal interests in points.
- Participant is responsible for any personal tax liability that may be related to participation in the Program.
- If your Rewards Point Account does not represent the correct number of points that you should have been awarded, Operator reserves the right to adjust your point balance. If you have been awarded points in error or if you believe your Rewards Point Account has been the subject of any suspicious activity, please contact the Operator immediately using the "Contact Us" feature of the Program website.
- If you believe that you have made purchases that should have resulted in the addition of Rewards to your accumulated Rewards balance, and you see that the Rewards have not been reflected within thirty (30) days of your purchase, please contact us within ninety days of the date of such purchase and we will investigate the situation. (If you wait longer than ninety (90) days, your ability to claim the Rewards will be considered waived.)
- You acknowledge and agree that as part of the Program certain information, such as Your name and address, shall be provided to merchants and other parties involved in the Program and Your transactions. You acknowledge and agree that Operator has no control over and liability for any use of such information by those third parties.
- Operator has no liability for disagreements regarding points. Your Financial Institution's decisions regarding points and point discrepancies will be final.
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, statutes, ordinances, and regulations in connection with Your participation in the Program and Your use of goods and services.
- NONE OF OPERATOR OR THE SUPPLIER OF ANY REWARDS (INCLUDING EACH OF THEIR AGENTS, AFFILIATES OR EMPLOYEES) (TOGETHER, "PROVIDERS") MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THIS PROGRAM AND THE WEBSITE, AND/OR ANY CONTENT, DATA, SOFTWARE, MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR OPERATION OF THE PROGRAM OR THE WEBSITE ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THIS WEBSITE AND THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. PROVIDERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT THE PROGRAM AND THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED, OR VIRUS-FREE. THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON THE WEBSITE MAY INCLUDE INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
- TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. THE INCLUSION OR OFFERING OF ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ON THIS SITE DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION OF SUCH PRODUCT OR SERVICE.
- THE SUPPLIERS OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FOR OPERATOR ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND ARE NOT AGENTS OF OPERATOR. OPERATOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS, ERRORS, OMISSIONS, REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, BREACHES OR NEGLIGENCE OF ANY SUCH SUPPLIERS OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR LOSS, INCONVENIENCE, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, MENTAL DISTRESS OR OTHER SIMILAR MATTER, DELAYED DEPARTURE, MISSED CONNECTION, SUBSTITUTION OF ACCOMODATIONS, TERMINATIONS OF SERVICE, OR CHANGES IN FARES AND RATES, AND/OR CANCELLATION OR DOUBLE BOOKING OF RESERVATIONS OR TICKETS RESULTING THEREFROM. ALL TRAVEL DOCUMENTS ARE ISSUED SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SPECIFIED BY OPERATOR'S SUPPLIERS.
- THE PROVIDERS WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, CLAIM, INJURY AND/OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF, OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH, THE USE OF THE PROGRAM OR THE WEBSITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THE PROGRAM OR THE WEBSITE, OR ANY FAILURE OR DELAY, OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NONPERFORMANCE BY PROVIDERS, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF THE PROVIDERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES.
- SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
- You agree to indemnify, defend, hold harmless, and release the PROVIDERS and any merchants participating in the rewards, including any rewards that, after receipt, may be lost, stolen, or destroyed, from any claims, liabilities, obligations, actions, or damages (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of any breach of the Program or these Terms and Conditions by You or by anyone using the Program or Your points, REWARDS POINT ACCOUNT, or OTHER Accounts. All participating merchants are in no way affiliated with or responsible for the Program administration.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The Program and these Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of the State of New York, without any reference to its choice of law provisions.
Other Terms and Conditions
First International Bank & Trust reserves the right to modify or revoke offer at any time.
Who is FIBT?
First International Bank & Trust (FIBT) is a full-service, family-owned, independent community bank serving a wide range of communities across North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.