The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Home Builder Finance Portfolio Manager
Position Summary: As a Home Builder Finance Portfolio Manager with First International Bank & Trust, you will assist a Relationship Manager in home builder subdivision loan activity in the metro Phoenix area, including the underwriting and monitoring of the assigned loan portfolio and new loans.
Communicate with clients in order to develop and analyze credit requests, and prepare credit offerings, working closely with the Relationship Manager, Credit Administration, and Loan Administration to close loan transactions.
This position will also prepare credit write-ups utilizing third party, on-line homebuilder market data, and provide borrower analysis and market analysis of loan opportunities to the Relationship Manager and Credit Administration.
You will work with clients to monitor financial information and collateral status reporting and covenant compliance, maturities, and delinquencies, and provide accurate assessments of ongoing financial stability and market dynamics. You will also manage for portfolio quality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other assigned duties.
- Analyze and investigate credit, collateral and financial information on prospective and existing customers. Review credit inquiries for the Bank and analysis of data provided by credit bureaus, other financial institutions, and Bank files. Provide loan documentation and support activities.
- Prepare credit requests, modifications, and extensions within the portfolio. Provide credit and project analysis, risk assessments, summaries, and recommendations for the Relationship Manager on new and existing credits.
- Responsible for the tracking and analysis of financial information of new, renewed, and existing loans. Monitor loan terms for covenant compliance on existing loans. Regularly establish, review, and update new and existing loan files. Ensure maintenance of the loan monitoring system.
- Responsible for the management of credit files to ensure receipt of current and accurate financial information, including tax returns, inventory, credit reports, financial statements, cash flows, and contingent liabilities. Responsible for all master file maintenance, quality, and the corresponding loan reviews.
- Assist the Relationship Manager in establishing and maintaining proper documents related to the perfection of the Bank’s lien position on loans secured by various collateral subdivisions. Provide technical or advisory assistance to the Relationship Manager as requested.
- Perform site visits of existing and potential subdivision projects as necessary.
- Responsible for (in conjunction with the Relationship Manager) managing portfolio priorities, including reporting issues, maturities, delinquencies, and loan performance (including lot development and house construction progress through absorption, covenant compliance, and the appropriateness of ongoing risk ratings).
- Responsible for complying with policies, procedures, security requirements, and government regulations. Ensure adherence to company and credit policies, auditing procedures, and department goals and standards. Ensure compliance of the Bank’s credit policies.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or other related field required
- 3 or more years of experience in banking with credit analysis experience required
- Advanced analytical skills and working knowledge of financial accounting with ability to spread and analyze financial statements, cash flows, and tax returns for companies and individuals with moderate to complex structures to determine financial support feasibility for credit requests.
- Knowledge of company formation structures with ability to identify borrowing and guaranty structures. Solid understanding of portfolio management priorities, including reporting issues, concentrations, maturities, delinquencies, and loan performance (including construction progress through absorption, covenant compliance, and the appropriateness of ongoing risk ratings).
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills. Ability to effectively manage customer relationship and maintenance issues.
- Ability to understand client needs, identify potential cross-sell opportunities, and participate in team calling goals involving joint retention calls and prospecting activity.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, and other similar programs.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to Commercial Real Estate Lending.
- Within the metro Phoenix area.