The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
Credit Review Associate
First International Bank and Trust is a family owned, community bank providing a positive and exciting work environment providing new challenges, growth opportunities, and continuous learning. We take pride in giving back to the communities we serve.
What does success look like in this role? Success in this position is someone who can clearly identify risk of a borrower and be able to translate the risk factors into terms others can understand within a narrative report.
- Complete assigned monthly credit reviews of bank relationships to ensure documentation and analysis accuracy and collateral perfection, that are all in accordance with safety and soundness requirements and adhere to Loan Policy.
- Review complex commercial, agricultural, and real estate loan files for compliance with policies, laws, and regulations.
- Identify and report any findings which may have an adverse effect on loan collateral or a borrower’s ability to repay a loan.
- Provide a risk rating determination reflective of credit risk present in loan files.
- Leverage internal and external resources to answer complex questions stemming from loan file reviews.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or a related field.
- Previous work history in a bank or similar financial institution required.
- Financial experience must include experience reviewing tax returns and or financial statements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Preferred would be someone with 1-3 years of financial experience specifically in analysis or financial preparation. Has an understanding of balance sheets, income statements, and tax returns and can review and underwrite a credit.
- 2-5 years of banking experience specifically within the Commercial/Ag department with an emphasis on experience in the following departments: credit analysis, loan documentation, credit review, or compliance
- Familiarity with Laserpro, Navigator, Sageworks, among other core systems is a plus, and Microsoft Excel/Word is highly recommended.
- Experience in reviewing business entity documents and loan/legal documents is preferred.
First International Bank and Trust is a family-owned full-service Community Bank with locations in ND, MN, SD, and AZ.
We show our employees we care by providing competitive benefits, training, and growth opportunities. Here are the things we offer within our full-time benefits package:
- Generous PTO and Holiday pay
- Health, Dental & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance
If you are interested in learning more, you can apply or if you have questions before applying you can reach out directly to TalentAcquisition@FIBT.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Who is FIBT?
First International Bank & Trust (FIBT) is a full-service, family-owned, independent community bank serving a wide range of communities across North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.