The line for being awesome starts here
Back To Openings
We are seeking a banking professional to join First International Bank & Trust as a Fraud Specialist. In this role you will review and investigate daily fraud alerts for all different types of deposit account fraud using the fraud monitoring systems. You’ll complete case follow up by communicating with the impacted branch and customers from start to finish. You’re going to complete case management and all recordkeeping and submit suspicious activity reports to FinCEN as applicable. The ideal candidate will have experience working in the banking industry and has dealt with BSA/Fraud related investigations in a bank setting.
This position is In-Person and will have the employee primarily located in one of our North Dakota Branches.
- Investigate and resolve all types of fraud against or conducted by deposit account holders.
- Review daily fraud alerts, follow up with branch personnel for resolution, and conduct continuous fraud case monitoring to include account and return item follow up until resolved.
- Assist with developing best practices and procedures to guard against and reduce financial fraud and crimes against the organization, its customers, and employees.
- Responds to calls from customers and bankers as well as assists with difficult situations.
- Maintain accurate and complete case files for recordkeeping and reporting.
- File police reports and suspicious activity reports (SAR) when necessary and within BSA required timeframe.
- Processing counterfeit currency
- May be registered to respond to 314b information requests.
- Continuous development to create and publish fraud education and alerts for all employees, including senior management, and customers around current fraud trends, scams, fraud-related systems, policies, and procedures.
- Administration of front-line check/deposit fraud training system.
- Monthly fraud report preparation for senior management.
- Knowledge of bank regulations and compliance to assist in decision making and case resolution.
- Knowledge of the USA PATRIOT Act, Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulatory requirements.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all fraud analytics as well as the online fraud detection systems.
- May be trained as a subject matter expert in check fraud, ACH/Real time payment fraud, ID Theft, or another specialized area in accordance with business need.
- May assist with fraud anomaly detection software reviews.
- Serve as backup to Fraud Specialist II and/or BSA Fraud Specialist.
- 2-3 years of banking experience required.
- 1 year of fraud investigations, claims/dispute processing, and/or related work experience required.
- Fraud anomaly detection software experience preferred.
- Degree or certification in related field preferred
- Financial crimes investigation experience preferred.
First International Bank and Trust is a family-owned full-service Community Bank with locations in ND, MN, SD, and AZ. We show our employees we care by providing competitive benefits and training and growth opportunities. Here are the things we offer within our full-time benefits package:
- Health, Dental & Vision
- 401K Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Generous PTO and Holiday pay
If you are interested in learning more, you can apply or if you have questions before applying you can reach out directly at TalentAcquisition@FIBT.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Who is FIBT?
First International Bank & Trust (FIBT) is a full-service, family-owned, independent community bank serving a wide range of communities across North Dakota, South Dakota, Minnesota, and Arizona.